Tuesday, December 21, 2010

4 Shopping Days Left!




Four days left till Christmas Eve.  Sewing projects done mostly - just a couple of hems to finish. Wrapping to be done tomorrow. I think at least 80% home made. I am tired but feel very good that I got this stuff done. Thanks to my husband and son who have carried the work load at the plant. Things are a bit slow at work this week, kind of normal as far as I can remember.

The lights are lit outside, the tree is twinkling, the Nativity set is out, the Christmas Village is set up with lights sparkling. Oh, and White Christmas is playing on the television. This one is my favorite for the year. Gotta have a dose of old Bing and some singing for it to be the REAL kind of Christmas! I am afraid that the old "Holiday Inn" argument does not hold with me. I have really never been a big fan of Danny Kaye but without this particular movie, it's not the same. I have just now gotten done ordering a DVD of both Holiday Inn and White Christmas. I am thinking if they get here in time for Christmas Eve it will be a perfect time for watching and thinking back to all the Christmas's past. We're not talking just "sitting" there, but maybe a little hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps, some roasted chestnuts in wine like my grandfather made and wrapping those last minute gifts. Mmmmm.... sounds like a plan!

Then Christmas Day, the kids will be over to open gifts and have brunch. Take some pictures of course and later, maybe after a little nap, go out to visit friends and have a little more cheer! Yes! Cause that's how we roll... I have some photos of my projects, but they are gifts and you will just have to wait till they are opened by their prospective recipients before I can post them....

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Trails to y'all.... Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment