Thursday, September 9, 2010

Talk about same ol' same old!

Just a work week. Not really anything fun about it. I need new photo material. I have been working on some stuff for my son, but otherwise, nothing new.



My daughter did write an essay for her college creative writing class that interested me. The theme was "What Shaped Me" about what events and experiences shaped the outcome of her life so far. She has a long, long way to go, but the parts that interested me were the ones her father and I played.

If you are ever interested in seeing the influence you have on your kids, get them to write (and let you read) an essay like this. As you raise your kids, you don't really know or see the effect things you say or do have on them. Sometimes you don't even think they are listening. One thing my dad always said that stuck with me in raising my kids was, "Teach them right from wrong [instill values] before they hit puberty. Because once that happens, they don't hear a thing you say." Very sage advice, Dad. I guess we did ok. Both of our kids are married with families of their own and doing well.

Lucky for us, they are close (actually on the same block). I hear from many friends whose kids are in another state or estranged and realize how blessed we are. And the photo opps! Oh my....well, if you have been following my blog, you know that I get my fair share of photos of the little ones.

Anyway, I am sure the paper will get an "A" - she always did through school anyway. I thought it was funny she asked me to proof it for her. That's a compliment in itself! Thanks, Em.... and I love the essay. I can't take all the credit, though. I know you included your dad, but the values and morales my parents instilled in me made me who I am, so there you have the circle of life!

Happy trails, people.

BTW... I changed the settings on this blog so if you want to comment, it does not ask you to register. Feel free to leave a note. If I don't like it, I will delete it anyway.... hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment