Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hello Old Friends...

I have been gone for so long here! I am so busy with my so many other accounts and blogs this one has suffered and I am sorry.
I will try to be brief in my update. Life goes on, the economy sucks, the grand kids are getting bigger, had a couple of birthday parties and a preschool graduation in that quadrant, trying to keep our heads above water work wise, lost over 30 pounds since I have gone Paleo in my diet and feel so much better in health mind and energy level, photos have not really sold but I have been accepted to the Art in the Park show in Martinez in August (more on that later) and well, it's summer and I am so happy!
As I work here, I have two little ones asleep (I hope) in the back for a Sunday nap - that actually sounds delish but I have promised myself to get this done.... Yesterday was our family reunion. My sister and I did most of the (well, pretty much all) background work. You know, invites, collecting and shopping for the food and getting it organized. We got some help with the set up and the men did the grilling ~ as men do ~ and the rest of the folks brought side dishes and desserts. We gathered and had a great time. I wanted to post here because I have photos and some of our family is not on Facebook so this is the best way to share them. I want to add here my beautiful Aunt Joanne's letter I got yesterday after the event.
I was so very tired when I got home... and then I got this note from Aunt Jo. You are the best! Love you all and am so happy to be so privileged to have such a wonderful family!
From my Aunt Jo:
HI GIRLS - I BET YOU ARE BOTH SO POOPED.   YOU DID A GREAT JOB.  EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL AND NO ONE COULD ASK FOR ANY THING MORE OR NICER.  I KNOW, ESPECIALLY GRAM AND YOUR DAD WERE SO PROUD OF YOU GIRLS.   I KNOW THEY ALL WERE AND  SO WAS I. 
YOUR FAMILIES ARE SO CUTE AND THOSE LITTLE ONES ARE GETTING SO BIG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

 



ISN'T IT WONDERFUL BEING A PART OF SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FUN LOVING FAMILY AS OURS?  I AM SO PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.  I HEAR SOME OF MY FRIENDS TALKING AND I THANK GOD FOR OURS.
I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL YOU DID.  I HAVE TO SAY I GOT A BIG KICK OUT OF JASON STAPLING ALL THE TABLE CLOTHS AND PICTURES. I'M SURE HE USED A BOX OF STAPLES.




 I  ALSO GOT A KICK  OUT OF WATCHING ALL THE FELLOWS COOKING AND TALKING AND HAVING FUN WITH EACH OTHER.





WHEN THE WIND WOUND ITS WAY AROUND THE UMBRELLAS AND BLEW THEM OVER. HOW FAST THE FELLOWS GOT TOGETHER AND FIXED THEM.
IT WAS CUTE WATCHING ADAM IN THE  JUMPY HOUSE PLAYING WITH THE
KIDS.  THOSE KIDS WERE LIKE LITTLE ANTS JUMPING AND THEN COMING DOWN THE SLIDE.

 THE FOOD EVERYONE BROUGHT WAS DELICIOUS.  I WAS TELLING ZE ABOUT THE DAY AND THE DIET YOU ARE BOTH ON AND PAT NOT HAVING ANY MIGRAINES AND SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO LOOK INTO IT.  SHE GETS THEM BAD AND OFTEN.  MAYBE I'LL EVEN
TRY IT...

.
...IT WAS SO NICE TO HAVE UNCLE BRUNO, AUNT MARY AND AUNTIE ANN THERE TOO. THEY HAD LOTS OF FUN AND LAUGHED ALOT.
FREDA ENJOYED HERSELF TOO.   I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ONE OF THE "OLD FARTS" NOW. HAHA  CAN'T SAY I DON'T LOVE IT.
 AGAIN THANKS AGAIN FOR A BEAUTIFUL MEMORABLE DAY AND ALL YOUR HARD WORK.
LUV YOU LOTS  AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU  AUNT JO
And then there were more...








2 comments:

  1. I love all of this, thankyou aunt pat for getting us technologically dialed in...its great. Love the pictured and love you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *s.....its 3:58am. Not spelling so well at the moment.

      Delete